By Allen McEachern.
I have been working as a commercial photographer since July 2004. I have been using Photoshelter as one of my business tools since 2005. Originally, Photoshelter launched as a searchable on-line storage / archive coupled with an image stock agency. Today, Photoshelter offers on-line storage for serious photographers. Their site is searchable by keyword, so buyers can find your images. Here are some of the other things that I love about using their platform in my business mix...
1. Client Proofing Galleries...proofing galleries that I can share with multiple people. Each person has a login and their choices are unique. I can then review all the selected images - seeing which choices are mutual.
2. Image Delivery...I use Photoshelter to share images with clients through galleries. All the images can be downloaded in a batch or individually. There are multiple file sizes available, each automatically generated from my master file. This saves a lot of time when multiple people need access to the images.
3. Unlimited Searchable On-line Storage...all pro accounts come with unlimited storage. I can upload my entire archive and remotely access it anywhere in the world. RAW, TIFF, JPEG, PSD, etc. etc.
4. Customizable Website Templates... Photoshelter offers a lot of template options for websites. I can have a custom domain name, or a hosted domain with Photoshelter. Personally, I use this option as a add on to my portfolio site, a keyword searchable archive with a e-commerce back-end. http://archive.allenmceachern.ca
5. On-line Store...I use Photoshelter to sell images, prints, and digital downloads of rights managed stock. Clients can order prints and check out. Clients can license images and check out. There are so many options for print vendors and products. My store is always open, and it is global.
These are only a few of the many powerful features available to professional photographers via Photoshelter. If you would like to find out more please click this affiliate link to learn more.